ABOUT USDedicated to the youth of the Central Valley.
The Central Valley has many underserved and talented youth in our communities. Cen Cal Sports’ mission is to provide these individuals the opportunity to grow socially, intellectually and athletically. We will accomplish this through their participation in athletic camps, clinics, tournaments, leagues and other age appropriate academic activities throughout the Central Valley.
Eric Mayu - Executive Director
Eric Mayu comes to Cen Cal Sports with over 13 years of experience in the fields of banking and finance. In the local sports community people refer to him as “The Commissioner”. Working with youth and adults since 2003, Eric enjoys facilitating sporting events for both individuals and teams to compete at high levels while keeping sportsmanship at the heart of everything. After building a strong network in the local sports community he has good relationships with coaches (at various levels), athletic directors, principals and the National Basketball Association (NBA). In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family and collaborating with diverse non-profits and local leaders to create change in the community.
– Two years coaching at the high school level (Freshman/Junior Varsity)
– Establishing a grass roots pro-level basketball league in the Central Valley
– Creating four different levels of adult basketball with over 32 unique teams playing at each competitive level
– Six years of establishing summer and holiday Junior High School tournaments here in the Central Valley
Neal Howard - Board Member
Neal Howard comes to the Cen Cal Sports Board of Directors after a 40 year career as a healthcare professional. He is committed to helping kids build a strong set of core values and life perspectives through participation in sports activities. He believes this will help them develop individual, team and social skills, built on a foundation of having fun.
– 1 year varsity coaching at a local middle school
– 3 years coaching wheelchair basketball through the Adaptive Sports Program of Valley Children’s Hospital that serves the Central Valley of California
– 8 years developing and creating recreational basketball leagues along with Executive Director, Eric Mayu. Leagues consisted of recreational level players, working professionals and former local elite high school, college and professional players
– 5 years developing and sponsoring local middle school basketball tournaments
Daryl Fitzgerald - Board Member
Aubrey Gordon - Board Member
Aubrey joins the Cen Cal Sports Board of Directors with 32-years of sales experience and has dedicated his life to mentoring and teaching young men how to pursue their destiny. He has served in many capacities in his local church and is an Ordained Minister of the Gospel
– Celebrating 25-years of Marriage and has 1-son and 1-daughter
– Vice President of The Katie Mae Mitchell Foundation
– President of First Step Ministries, Inc
– Currently serving the Men of Antioch Church of Long Beach in a Discipleship capacity
Steve Hosey - Board Member
Steve Hosey comes to the Cen Cal Sports Board of Directors after 13 years in professional Baseball and another 20 years in Real Estate as an Investor and Broker. He is committed to helping kids build a strong set of core values and life perspectives through participation in sports activities. He believes this will help them develop individual, team and social skills, built on a foundation of having fun.
– 10 years of playing professional baseball (Giants, Angeles, Royals)
– 3 years of coaching professional baseball (Oakland, Kansas City)
– 3 years of varsity baseball Fresno State (87-89)-All American honors 1988
– College World Series Participant 1988
– First round draft pick of the San Francisco Giants (13th overall)
Stephen Blea - Board Member
Stephen Blea comes to Cen Cal Sports with over 3 years of experience in the fields of business and estate litigation. While born and raised in the Central Valley, Stephen currently lives with his fiancé in San Diego, where he has traded hiking and camping in the Sierras for surfing and kayaking in the Pacific. In addition to contributing to the community through Habitat for Humanity and assisting underprivileged children through Court Appointed Special Advocates, Stephen spends his free time camping and exploring California’s vast and incredible wilderness.
– Spent 10 days hiking the John Muir Trail in October 2015.
– Served two years as a guardian ad litem for disadvantage youth through Court Appointed Special Advocates.